Your Ultimate Guide to Mastering Workers' Compensation Costs - Comprehensive Edition
2017 Print Edition
The #1 training manual that covers how to assess your workers' compensation program, design the most cost-impacting strategy, roll out comprehensive changes to your organization, and monitor and manage the program going forward. 230 pages
The book is based on hands-on experience of industry leaders who have developed programs that reduce workers comp costs 20% - 50% for employers in every industry. The author, Rebecca Shafer, has worked directly with the largest organizations in the US developing practical, cost effective solutions to out of control workers' compensation costs.
Our guidebook provides simple to advanced strategies — everything an employer CAN DO to reduce costs — an EMPOWERING experience. Learn now with 19 chapters – over 250 pages of cost reduction strategies and techniques.
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance Basics
• Fundamentals of Cost Containment
• Training and Building Commitment
• Injury Management Best Practices Roles and Responsibilities
• Reporting the Claim
• Post-Injury Response Procedure
• Communication with Employees
• Working with Your Adjusters or TPA
• Safety and Loss Control
• Wellness Programs
• Return to Work and Transitional Duty
• Other Indemnity Cost Containment Services
• Directing Medical Care
• Medical Cost Containment
• Fighting Fraud and Abuse
• Rehabilitating the Injured Employee
• Managing Prescription Drug Use and Abuse Program
• Claims Resolution and Settlements
• BONUS CHAPTER! Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA)
Learn the Basics of Workers Comp
● Types of Workers’ Compensation Insurance
● How Losses Are Reported
● Reducing Your Premium
● Calculating Your Premium
● How Mod Affects Your Premium
● Good/Bad Mod Examples
● Ways to Reduce Your Mod
● Unit Statistical Date
● Types of Insurance Structures
● Voluntary Markets
● Alternatives to Voluntary Markets
● Collateral Requirements
● Purpose of Workers’ Compensation
● Who Pays for Workers’ Compensation
● Parties Involved in Workers’ Compensation
● Benefits for the Employer
● Independent Contractors
● Benefits for the Employee
● Injuries Covered
● Determining Compensability
● Aggravation vs. Exacerbation
● Standard Defenses
● How Losses Are Categorized
Our Book Will Help You Answer These Questions:
● Do you know who pays for workers’ comp?
● Can you identify the seven main parties involved in the program?
● What are the five benefits to the employer?
● Do you know the 10 differences between an employee and an independent contractor?
● What are four types of benefits paid to injured workers?
● Can you distinguish between the various types of covered injuries?
● How is a work-related injury defined?
● What is the difference between aggravation and exacerbation of claims?
● Do you know the difference between statutory coverage and employer’s liability coverage?
● How does Federal Employee’s Compensation differ?
● There are six ways losses are categorized. Do you know them?
● How are losses reported?
● What is meant by “mod” and how does it affect your premium?
● Can you name the 13 types of insurance structures?
Which Book Is Right For You?
If you need help deciding which book(s) will meet your needs best, please contact us.
Subscribe to our weekly Workers Comp Roundup to receive Success Tips and the latest in national Workers' Comp news.