Mastering Workers' Compensation: The MINI-BOOK
2017 Print Edition
Your Ultimate Guide to Mastering Workers' Compensation Costs is the risk management industry's #1 training manual.
Our guidebooks, based on decades of the combined hands-on field experience of the industry's leading cost-reduction expert and the most-respected professional organization, covers how to:
► Assess your workers' compensation program,
► Design the most cost-impacting strategy,
► Roll out comprehensive changes to your organization and,
► Monitor and manage the program going forward.
This 20-page mini-book summarizes each chapter of the comprehensive book down to one page each. This booklet is in OUTLINE format, thus perfect for training programs and as a seminar follow-along handout. This booklet can be used as a stand-alone for training or promotions, or in conjunction with the Comprehensive Guidebook
These valuable mini-books make great handouts at conventions. They stay on your prospects and clients desks forever, like a HUGE business card.! Very useful as a conference promotional item.
For orders of 25 or more, custom branding is available at no additional charge. Bulk sale prices are available for commercial needs of agents, brokers, insurance companies, and associations.
• Workers’ Compensation Insurance Basics
• Fundamentals of Cost Containment
• Training and Building Commitment
• Injury Management Best Practices Roles and Responsibilities
• Reporting the Claim
• Post-Injury Response Procedure
• Communication with Employees
• Working with Your Adjusters or TPA
• Safety and Loss Control
• Wellness Programs
• Return to Work and Transitional Duty
• Other Indemnity Cost Containment Services
• Directing Medical Care
• Medical Cost Containment
• Fighting Fraud and Abuse
• Rehabilitating the Injured Employee
• Managing Prescription Drug Use and Abuse Program
• Claims Resolution and Settlements
• BONUS CHAPTER! Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA)
Learn the Basics of Workers Comp
● Types of Workers’ Compensation Insurance
● How Losses Are Reported
● Reducing Your Premium
● Calculating Your Premium
● How Mod Affects Your Premium
● Good/Bad Mod Examples
● Ways to Reduce Your Mod
● Unit Statistical Date
● Types of Insurance Structures
● Voluntary Markets
● Alternatives to Voluntary Markets
● Collateral Requirements
● Purpose of Workers’ Compensation
● Who Pays for Workers’ Compensation
● Parties Involved in Workers’ Compensation
● Benefits for the Employer
● Independent Contractors
● Benefits for the Employee
● Injuries Covered
● Determining Compensability
● Aggravation vs. Exacerbation
● Standard Defenses
● How Losses Are Categorized
See More: Sample Page of Mini Book (PDF opens in new window.)
Which Book Is Right For You?
If you need help deciding which book(s) will meet your needs best, please contact us.
Subscribe to our weekly Workers Comp Roundup to receive Success Tips and the latest in national Workers' Comp news.